(Frequently Asked Questions)
Q - What is ORB?
A - ORB stands for Online Recommendations for Businesses which enables merchants to display personalized product recommendations on their store. These recommendations are powered by AI.
Q - What is the pricing for the ORB plugin?
A - ORB is available for all merchants for a trial period of 30 days for free. Additional charges applicable after the trial period is $4.99 per month.
Q - How does ORB work?
A - Once ORB is enabled, it connects to your store and scans the product catalog. Using high-tech computing power and a variety of start-of-the-art A.I. algorithms it draws similarities finds patterns and outliers, which is then used to provide very effective recommendations within minutes of connecting to the store.
Q - How do I interpret the analytics being displayed on the dashboard screen?
A - The following are two key analytics that are being displayed on the analytics dashboard of the ORB recommendation screen.
- Impressions - Number of times product recommendations have been displayed to users
- Items clicked - Number of product recommendation items clicked by users
Q - My recommendations are not being displayed, what do I do?
A - There could be multiple reasons why this would take place.
- It could be that the widget has been “Turned off”, in which case you will have to toggle the “Similar Products Widget” to the “ON” state
- It could also be that the training is still in progress. You can refresh the training process by clicking on the “Refresh” icon on the top right corner of the Dashboard tab
- Lastly, it could be that the Products that have been added have not been trained as yet. It could take up to 24 hours for the recommendations for such products to display.
- If you are still facing this issue, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q - What data does ORB have access to once connected to the store?
A - ORB has access to the following data once connected to the store:
- Modify theme templates and theme assets
- Read analytics
- Read orders, transactions, and fulfillment
- Read products, variants, and collections
- Read customer details and customer groups
- Modify script tags in your store's theme template files
- Read theme templates and theme assets
- Read script tags in your store's theme template files
Q - Can I control what data does ORB have access to?
A - ORB does not support the functionality to control the data that is being accessed by the application. Feel free to reach out to our support team on email@example.com and our technical team would be more than happy to customize the settings for you.
Q - How do I improve the match rates of recommended products?
A - Kindly ensure that all products have a proper description, title, product type, and category tags. If you are still facing inconsistencies, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q - How can I contact support?
A - You can contact our support team by sending an email to email@example.com and someone from the team will get in touch with you to discuss your concern
Q - Is there a minimum limit on the number of products in the inventory for the ORB Plugin to work?
A - We suggest that you have at least 50 products with relevant details for each of them for accurate recommendations to be displayed on your store.